Long enough title for you? Let’s come up with an acronym. BBBCPBSSC. Haha – no, but seriously. Browned Butter Bacon cookies – I could have stopped right there.
But I didn’t.
The trick is to buy high-quality bacon. None of that cheap flimsy stuff. I adapted the recipe from my Browned Butter Cookie recipe
And I was featured on Good Things Utah with this recipe! You should check out the video HERE – bless my heart guys. Chris Wingert (RSL babe) ATE my cookies!
- 2¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter chips
- ½ - 1 cup bacon
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- The butter will begin to foam.
- Make sure you whisk consistently during this process.
- After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan.
- Continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma.
- Immediately transfer the butter to a glass bowl to prevent burning.
- Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- With an electric mixer, mix the butter and sugars until thoroughly blended.
- Beat in the egg, yolk, vanilla, and yogurt until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined.
- Gently fold in all of the chocolate and peanut butter chips and bacon.
- Chill your dough for 2 hours in the refrigerator. (DO NOT skip this step!)
- Once dough is chilled measure about 1½ tablespoons of dough and roll into a ball.
- Place dough balls on cookie sheet, 2 inches apart and flatten with your hand VERY gently.
- Bake the cookies 9-11 minutes or until the edges of the cookies begin to turn golden brown.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and let cool.