I’ve always loved marshamallows. Kind of gross, I know, but I can NOT deny my love for a delicious mallow. Then my mom made these beauties: caramel covered mallows and I about died and went to heaven. Can we talk about this for a second? Delicious marshmallow, dipped in caramel, then covered in rice krispy treat cereal.
As a child, my brain could not even appreciate the awesome amount of flavors that I was shoving in my mouth. As an adult, I now know better. These caramel covered mallows have the best combination of texture (Rice Krispy cereal), sweet (caramel), and chewy (mallow). (I’d be curious to add a pinch of sea salt into the caramel to make it a little sweet and salty combo. YUM!)
- 1 bag (1 lb) caramel
- ½ c. butter
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- Rice Krispy cereal
- Large bag of Marshamallows
- Unwrap all the caramels
- In a double boiler add caramels, milk, and butter.
- Cook on low for 30-60 minutes (until caramel is melted)
- , Stir every 10-15 minutes
- Pour Rice cereal in a bowl
- Fork marshmallows
- Dip in caramel
- Roll in Rice Krispy cereal
- Place on a cookie sheet with wax paper
- Enjoy hot or cold
What do you think? Would you love these caramel covered mallows, or would you pass? I hope you would trust me enough to at least try one….one time!