There’s the place in Orem – it’s legendary: Ernie’s deli. In high school it was the cool place to sluff class. Not that I would know PERSONALLY because I was always IN class. (not joking – nerd alert.) When I finally tried the Famous Ernie’s deli I realized I’d discovered a new piece of awesome. Their sandwiches are good. Their CAKE is better.
This cake is DELISH. Served cold, it’s light, moist, and NOT HEAVY but still rich in flavor. It’s heaven sent.
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 box (5.9 oz) chocolate pudding
- 1 C Greek yogurt
- 1 C oil
- 4 eggs
- ½ C water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 cups of whipped Pastry Pride
- 1 box (3 oz) chocolate pudding
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer. (This batter will be quite thick-much thicker than typical cake batter.)
- Pour into a 9x13 pan and bake.
- Prepare pudding as instructed on the box.
- Once pudding is formed, fold in whipped Pastry Pride until desired color and consistency is reached.
- Spread generously over the cake.
- Serve cold. Keep remaining cake in the refrigerator.