Welcome to my week full of EGG NOG! I’ve got lots of fun things that I’m going to share, so I’m really excited!! Today, I’ve got my Egg Nog cupcakes.
First things first – let me educate the masses. I LOVE Egg nog, but I also consider myself an egg nog snob. I ONLY drink a certain kind of egg nog – Southern Comfort. Now I know what you’re thinking, “Isn’t that alcoholic?” NO – it’s not. Trust me – it says right on the carton “NON-ALCOHOLIC.” Let me try to explain this – it’s smooth, it’s creamy, it tastes like ice cream and egg nog combined. I can’t get it in my mouth fast enough. Honestly.
But, when I’m BAKING, I find that my Southern Comfort egg nog is too subtle, so I sucked it up and bought one carton of syrupy nog for baking. ONLY BAKING. No way in heck I’m drinking that shiz.
SO, there’s my rule. If it’s going to be BAKED into something – regular egg nog.
If you’re not going to bake it (like adding it to a cream or custard) – Southern Comfort egg nog.
I’ve been pleased with my results.
NOW! Onto the Egg Nog cupcakes!
2. I REALLY didn’t want to make frosting. Did you know making frosting is one of my LEAST favorite things to do? Seriously. It’s right up there with doing the dishes.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 1/4 c. Egg Nog regular
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2/3 c. powdered sugar
- 2-5 tsp Southern Comfort Egg Nog
- Mix all ingredients together and bake at 350.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Mix the glaze until the consistency is smooth and thin.
- Drizzle over cooled cupcakes and ENJOY!