I’m a SUCKER for tiramisu (and cake!) — especially when it’s FAST and EASY. However, I never order it when I’m out at a restaurant. Why?
1. Too expensive
2. Too full
3. Feel guilty because Handsome won’t eat any of it because he doesn’t like coffee.
So how do I get my tiramisu fix? Make it! I bought a Philidelphia Cookbook a while back and was STOKED to see this recipe.
I was initially afraid to try it because it calls for coffee. DUH. How did I not know this? No wonder it tastes so delicious…. Finally got brave enough to go buy decaf coffee and give it a go.
Not only is this delicious, but it was SUPER easy.
- 2 pkg. 3 oz. each ladyfingers
- 2 Tbsp. MAXWELL HOUSE Instant Coffee Again, I used Decaf
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 pkg. 8 oz. each Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. almond-flavored liqueur or brandy SKIP this
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 tsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- Arrange 1 pkg. of the ladyfingers on bottom of 13x9-inch dish.
- Dissolve instant coffee and 1 Tbsp. sugar in boiling water.
- Brush 1/2 cup of the coffee mixture over ladyfingers in dish.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and liqueur, mixing until blended.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread one half of the cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Top with remaining ladyfingers; brush with remaining coffee.
- Spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over ladyfingers.
- Dust with cocoa.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
*This recipe is courtesy of Philadelphia and can be found on Kraft’s website or in the Philadelphia cookbook.