I had the chance to try Gourmet Garden herbs – let me just tell you, BIG WIN! I’m and expert at killing plants and wasting fresh herbs. I had never heard of Gourmet Gardens (fresh herbs in fabulous little squeezeable containers) but I was instantly hooked. No more throwing away fresh herbs that I forget about!
There were so many recipes to choose from – I couldn’t decide which to try. I finally settled on a cilantro hummus recipe because little Miss T was going through a “eat hummus at every meal of the day” phase.
I was a little hesitant – I wondered if this recipe would work because it was GREEN and T can be a little funny about GREEN colored food sometimes.
The moment of truth…
I didn’t get a picture of her actually EATING this delicious hummus, but she did and she LOVED it! I was so pleased. I will definitely be making this again with different Gourmet Gardens herbs (perhaps garlic and red pepper?). When I make this again, I’ll definitely add SALT – that was the one area it was lacking.
You can check out the recipe HERE
- 2 15 oz cans Chickpeas, drained
- 1 tube Gourmet Garden Cilantro
- 2 Tbsp Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Chili pepper optional
- Put all ingredients into blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add chili pepper, if desired.
- Serve with pita chips, pita bread or fresh vegetables.
- (Tip: Use leftover hummus as a sandwich spread.)