I feel like I start every dessert post with the same sentence: I am obssessed with Hello Dolly bars. I promise you, I’m not making this up. I’ve always had a sweet tooth, and these bars just DO it for me. (If Hello Dolly bars aren’t your jam, then you should go for the best lemon bars.)
In high school, I had a super sweet baking friend – I called her Ducky (like from My Fair Lady). She is the sweetest friend, but she would spoil me with homemade goods at random. I’d be doing homework, hear a knock at the door, and it would be my own little baking buddy dropping off much needed sustenance. I sound so dramatic don’t I? So high school.
I had no self control – I’d devour her entire plate of Hello Dolly bars that night by myself.
The texture – I cannot get enough of the deliciously unique texture. Crust (I’m a sucker for all the crusts), coconut, and chips – all combined together to make one heavenly and dangerous treat.
- 1 c. butter melted
- 3 c. graham crackers crushed
- 4 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. butterscotch chips
- 1/2 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 c. coconut
- 1 c. chocolate chips
- 1/2 c. walnuts
- Melt butter
- Stir in crushed graham crackers
- Press into a 9x13
- Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs
- Top with remaining ingredients in the order listed above.
- Press down firmly.
- Bake at 325 for 25 min
- Cut into bars
- Serve at room temperature.