I’m a recent convert to the Jalapeño poppers party. Honestly, the thought had never even crossed my mind. Why would it? I’m a dessert girl – not a savory girl. But let’s throw brown sugar and bacon in the mix and you’ve piqued my attention.
It was actually Handsome that took the initiative on this one. He would occasionally have work parties – he was a the typical guy and volunteered to bring something easy and lame. But one lady volunteered to bring Jalapeño poppers.
- Jalapeños (each 1 will be cut in half)
- Bacon (one strip for each Jalapeño - each ½ of pepper is wrapped in ½ slice of bacon)
- Cream cheese
- Brown sugar
- Prep Jalapeños (cut off stem, slice lengh-wise, de-seed)
- Fill each half with cream cheese
- Spiral wrap each half of Jalapeño with bacon
- Sprinkle generously with brown sugar
- Bake 350 for 30-60 minutes or until bacon looks fully cooked (the longer you bake, the less spicy)
Basically, Handsome was right and I was wrong. Moral of the story: don’t judge a recipe by your husband’s lame descriptions