These peppermint brownies defy all odds of delicious-ness and peppermint.
I have a love / hate relationship with the mint flavor. One minute I can’t get it into my mouth fast enough, the next minute the flavor is too toothpaste-y and I want nothing to do with it.
I’ve always LOVED mint hot chocolate – something about the cool mint with the juxtaposition of hot cocoa is so delicious to me. But with food, I go on and off. One minute a mint brownie is my most favorite treat, the next it’s just MEH. No thanks.
I’m weird, right?
- ¾ c. cocoa (regular or dark - both are divine!)
- ½ tsp soda
- ⅔ c. butter (melt and divide)
- ½ c. water (boiling)
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⅓ c. flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 17 York Peppermint Patties(chopped)
- Stir together cocoa and soda in mixer.
- Add ⅓ c. melted butter.
- Add boiling water.
- Stir until mixture thickens
- Add sugars, eggs, and remaining ⅓ c. butter.
- Stir until smooth
- Add flour and salt.
- Fold in York Peppermint Patties.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan
- Bake 350 for 35-40 min or until brownies begin to pull away from the side
- Cool completely
- Cut and serve.