I’m literally in love with this peppermint truffle cupcake. I love all things peppermint – and these beauties are no exception.
I found these peppermint truffles a few years ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
- For the cake:
- 1 Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 box 5.9 oz chocolate pudding
- 1 C sour cream I use Greek yogurt
- 1 C oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 C water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Dilettante Chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer.
- This batter will be quite thick-much thicker than typical cake batter.
- Pour into two 9″ cake pans and bake.
- Bake for the prescribed amount of time on the box.
- Once out of the oven, place a Dilettante truffle in the middle.
- Frost with your favorite buttercream recipe.
- *Optional*: swirl some red food coloring through your buttercream to get the peppermint look.
Thanks again to Amber for her AMAZING cake recipe!