This was a food I had always convinced myself I did not like. What am I, 5 years old? Goodness. Then, I was introduced to Bear Paw. For you Utah peeps, it’s down in St George and it’s pretty awesome. It was there that I fell in love with Biscuits and gravy.
Since then, we’ve tried to replicate it and THIS recipe has our hearts. Velvety Smooth Biscuits and gravy.
One of the best parts? I didn’t make the gravy from scratch. BELIEVE IT. It’s a Shirley J Whisk Bliss mix. Best. Thing. Ever.
So here’s how this works: First, the classic Velvety Smooth Biscuit. YUM.
- 1/2 lb country style sausage
- 2 C. Water
- 1/2 c. Whisk Bliss
- Eggs fried
- Velvety Smooth Biscuits
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook and crumble 1/2 lb country-style sausage in a skillet.
- Mix 2 cups water with 1/2 cup Whisk Bliss.
- Combine mixture with sausage in the skillet.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Pour over biscuits and eggs.