Our theme for this month was “gold” and I definitely had a hard time because, let’s face it, everything I make is absolutely “GOLDEN!” haha… yeah, I’m hilarious, right? Sheesh.
Emily @ Benson Street – Gold Bud Vases
Kaylynn @ Among the Youngs- Ooey Gooey Salted Caramel shortbread bars
Melissa @ Hollyhocks and Honeybees- Glittery Gold banner
Rebecca @ the Crafted Sparrow- Gold Wishbone Necklace
A friend of mine, who is fabulous in EVERY way, gave me these Caramel Shortbread Bars. There were probably 5 decent sized bars.
- 1 LB butter (YES - ONE POUND of butter)
- 1 C. sugar
- 1½ C. powdered sugar
- 2 TB vanilla
- 4 C. flour
- 1 C. brown sugar
- 1 cube butter
- ¼ c. evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine - beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add other ingredients.
- SPRAY the bottom of a 9x13 pan and spread ⅓ of the mixture.
- Bake at 325 for 20 - 25 minutes or until outside edges brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Stir constantly.
- Bring to a boil for about 1 minute.
- Pour over crust.
- Crumble the rest of the crust mixture over the top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake at 325 for another 25-30 minutes.