Top Utah lifestyle blog, Among the Young, features the most amazing Key Lime raspberry sugar cookies – they will blow your socks off! Read more for the full recipe!
If you have been around for awhile, you KNOW I love cookies. My browned butter bacon cookies, sugar cookies, and browned butter cookies and cream are a few of my favorites!) I actually consider myself a cookie connoisseur!! (remember when my friends and I had a sugar cookie taste off challenge? So epic!)
Key Lime Raspberry Sugar Cookies
So when it comes to sugar cookies, we have a LOT of options here in Utah. As you can see from our taste test – there’s always a sugar cookie to eat, whether you’re at a gas station or a cookie shop. The REAL find is when you discover a sugar cookie that is not only AMAZING, but UNIQUE.
That was me with Twisted Sugar. It’s an amazing sugar cookie – the cookie is chewy and soft, the frosting isn’t overpowering and then there’s a raspberry drizzle and a LIME. Yes – you squeeze fresh lime juice on top of your cookie!! I can’t express this enough! It is 10/10 delicious.
I could go on an on and on about the shortage of delicious raspberry desserts (WHY IS IT ALWAYS STRAWBERRY?), but suffice it to say that when raspberry is on the menu, I order it.
Anyway – it’s a beautiful cookie. Just stunning to look at. Take a bite and your world changes.
I HAD to recreate this cookie. HAD TO. I don’t live close enough to this particular cookie shop and I can’t drive out there everyday to get it. Thus, a solution had to be found.
How to make a good sugar cookie
The sugar cookie base was the trickiest – not gonna lie. It has to be soft and sweet, but not too sweet.
The frosting is my secret and I’m finally sharing it today, because WHY NOT??
The raspberry drizzle was store-bought, but you could EASILY make Ashlee’s berry coulis if you prefer! (I only use raspberries – not a berry mixture like she recommends)
Add fresh limes and you’re SET!
There are a few additional tips and tricks to the best sugar cookie.
First, use a cookie scoop. This dough is easy to work with and super easy to scoop. Trust me and you’re welcome.
Second, take some sugar and put it on a plate. Spray the bottom of a glass mixing cup with cookie spray and dip the bottom in sugar. Press each cookie into shape with the sugared glass cup and you’re good to go! You’ll get those beautiful crisp edges and no one is going to complain about that extra little bit of sugar on top.
I’m SUPER happy with these raspberry sugar cookies – they are AS GOOD (if not better than) the original that you can buy at Twisted Sugar. Take these to your next social gathering and wow all your friends. Trust me!
What do you think? Would you make these key lime raspberry sugar cookies?? Let me know in a comment below!
Key Lime Raspberry Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 TB water
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 cups flour
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 6 TB butter softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Cream butter, oil, sugars, water, and eggs.
- In a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients and slowly add to the butter mixture.
- Mix until everything is combined (dough should be a little crumbly, not sticky)
- Using a cookie scoop, put into balls.
- Spray a glass measuring cup, dip in sugar, and press cookies down.
- Bake at 350 for 8-9 minutes.
- Cool cookies. Top with vanilla frosting, raspberry sauce, and a fresh lime.
- Whip 1/2 c. whipped cream ; set aside (it will make 1 cup whipping cream when whipped.)
- Sift powdered sugar ; set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Top cookies with a generous amount of frosting.
- Add raspberry sauce and fresh limes.