Disclosure: This Easter blog post is sponsored by World Market. All opinions are 100% mine.
I literally almost fell out of my seat when I realized that Easter is NEXT week. Good thing I have ALL of my Easter entertaining ready to go – thanks a BILLION to World Market – they totally saved me! Their selection of awesome-ness if unreal.
This delightful recipe was actually discovered by Handsome. I’d mentioned that I REALLY wanted cinnamon rolls but REALLY didn’t want to make them – yeast, bread, kneading? No thanks. I come home from work the next day, and lo and behold, he has FOUND a recipe (off of Pinterest) and is almost done. He apologized up and down that it wasn’t finished right when I got home, but let’s be honest – I was surprised.
The cake? It’s everything you’d want from a cinnamon roll in terms of flavor, but it’s a warm, delicious cake. SO. DANG. GOOD.
The answer is ALWAYS cheesecake.
A cinnamon roll cake with a little cheesecake surprise in the middle? It had to be done.
And it was well. Gosh darn – it might even be up there on my new favorites list. It’s THAT good. Warm, gooey cinnamon roll cake with a sweet frosting on top and complimented perfectly with a straight-up cheesecake in the center.
Spread Acts of Hoppiness and enter for a chance to win $2,000 World Market gift card and a Year’s supply of Divine Chocolate
3 Runner Up Prizes: $500 World Market gift card and Divine Chocolate
Come back to the sweepstakes each day and World Market will share their favorite Random Acts of Hoppiness with you. Help us reach our goal of 5,000,000 hops and we’ll Hop It Forward by donating 50,000 meals to regional food banks! You can Earn Bonus Hops by sharing with us your Random Acts of Hoppines for more chances to win. Sweepstake runs from March 31st – April 18th.
And voila! Easter entertaining in a cinch!
So HOP on over and ENTER!!!
- 20 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 TB vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C greek yogurt
- 3 c. flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 tsp powder
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp butter melted
- 1 c. brown sugar
- 2 TB flour
- 1 TB cinnamon
- 2 c. powdered sugar
- 3-5 TB milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Set water to boil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Line the bottom of mini spring form pan with tin foil.
- Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan.
- Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of spring form.
- Bake until just set in center, about 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around edge and lift out; let cool completely.
- Put in fridge once cooled completely.
- Mix everything EXCEPT melted butter. Slowly stir in butter.
- Mix all ingredients. Set aside.
- Using large muffin tins pour 1-2 TB batter in, the a spoonful of topping.
- Swirl using a toothpick or chopstick.
- Place a mini cheesecake on top.
- Pour more batter on top and one more scoop of topping.
- Swirl carefully (don't disrupt the cheesecake!).
- Bake @ 350 for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and top with glaze.
- Keep refrigerated.