How is it already August? How am I already getting my classroom ready and preparing for a new school year? Summer went too fast. While summer may have flown by, my blog friends and I have some projects to get you in the mood for back to school. Check out these amazing back to school projects and get in the school spirit! Now if only could get that excited … Just kidding!
1. Back to School Mantle by The Crafted Sparrow
2. Churched up Backpacks by Maybe I Will
3. Back to School Wreath by Among the Young
4. Flour-less Cookies by Hollyhocks & Honeybees
5. Portable Homework Station by The Benson Street
6. ABC Book Page Bunting by She’s Crafty
7. Back to School Trends by Flats to Flip Flops
8. Back to School Shopping List by Free Time Frolics
When I was cleaning out my Kindergarten classroom last May, I found a plethora of books that were super cute, but super outdated – as in…NONE of my kids should EVER be expected to read them. Honestly. So what better way to keep these books alive than to make them into a super cute vintage paper wreath?
*scalloped paper cut (not pictured) – Mine was purple and about 3 inches
*glitter (optional, but glitter makes everything better!)
*glue (I used mod podge) if you choose to do glitter on the edges
Another tip: when you buy your pins, make sure your pins have a nice big “head” so it can grab onto your paper and not just slide off.