Disclosure: I am participating in this campaign as a member of the World Market Ambassador Program. I received compensation in the form of gift cards, but all opinions are my own.
*This blog post may contain affiliate links to support my cookie eating habits*
I have always LOVED tiramisu. The coffee, the cocoa, the creaminess. YUM. It has always baffled me that others don’t appreciate coffee/chocolate. For all of you out there, this raspberry lemon tiramisu is for you. NO coffee. NO chocolate. It’s my husband’s dream actually.
For this tiramisu, we really just switched up a few components. Instead of coffee, I dipped the Ladyfingers in raspberry Torani syrup. Then we added some Raspberry curd and Lemon curd in between the traditional custard/mascarpone and whipped cream layers….voila! Raspberry Lemon tiramisu.
My mom asked, “Isn’t this more like a trifle?” And instantly I thought of the FRIENDS episode when Rachel makes the “traditional” English trifle (the episode is technically called “The One Where Ross Got High”). She’s explaining the layers: “…there’s a layer of ladyfingers, then a layer of jam, then custard – which I made from scratch! Raspberries, more ladyfingers, then beef sauteed with peas and onions, more custard, then I’ll put some whipped cream on top!”
I’ve included a few more FRIENDS quotes – because I’m awesome like that and it makes me laugh. Enjoy!
Ross: Meat on a dessert? That is not possible.
Joey: I know, and only one layer of jam? What is up with that?
Ross: It tastes like feet!
Joey: Well, I like it.
Ross: Are you kidding?
Joey: I mean, what’s not to like? Custard, good. Jam, good. Meat, good!
Sadly, there’s no meat or peas on this dessert – but it is packed full of lemon and raspberry awesome-ness. It’s an awesome end to a meal or breakfast. Either way!
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1-2 C. Raspberry Torani Syrup
- 10.5 oz raspberry curd
- 10.5 oz lemon curd
- 2 3 oz packages ladyfinger cookies
- Xylitol natural sweetener optional
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium.
- Stir constantly until boiling.
- Boil gently for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a glass bowl.
- Cool slightly.
- Cover tightly (wrap going down on the custard mixture) and chill for 1 hour.
- In a different bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Pull custard out of fridge and whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Put Raspberry Torani syrup in a small bowl.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the raspberry syrup until soaked.
- Arrange half of the lady fingers on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread half of the raspberry curd.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Spread half of the lemon curd.
- Spread half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Before serving, sprinkle with Xylitol sweetener and fresh raspberries (if desired).
PLUS, World Market is at it again spreading awesomeness and sending people to Italy with their Gourmet Getaway Sweepstakes. Seriously? It’s so easy to enter to win:
*Contestants enter online
Contestants enter online at If you don’t win the grand prize, no worries! There will be three first Prize winners that will each receive a $500 World Market gift card. What are you waiting for?? ENTER and ENTER again!!