THE very first cookbook I got and fell in love with was my Bisquick cookbook. How could cooking be so simple? I recently re-discovered this book as I was looking for a quick and easy pie to make – I was not disappointed.
This simple key lime pie is to die for. It’s true. Light, fluffy, and not too LIME-Y. You know what I’m talking about.
Plus, the Bisquick crust is SUPER easy and adds the tinist hint of salt to break up the sweet and tart of the key lime.
- 1 c. Bisquick
- 1/4 c. butter softened
- 2 TB boiling water
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 c. lime juice
- 1 c. whipped cream
- 1 TB grated lime
- 2 drops green food coloring
- Lime slices to garnish
- Heat oven to 400.
- Mix bisquick and butter.
- Add boiling water and stir vigorously until the soft dough forms.
- Press into at 9 inch pie plate with fingers.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on cooling rack.
- In a large bowl, beat milk and lime juice until thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream and grated lime.
- Add food coloring.
- Spoon into pie crust and refrigerate until set (about 2 hours).