Are you ready for the worlds best lemon bars? I’ve got you. These are the best lemon bars in the world. Our family loves these ooey gooey lemon bars – there is nothing that compares. They just are the BEST lemon bars. Don’t even try to argue with me here, because I’m telling you…. NO WAY. The best lemon bars ever.
Best Lemon Bars Recipe in the World
It is NOT hard for me to tell you why these are the best and ONLY lemon bars you need in your life:
1. The thick, buttery crust. Pretty standard on a good lemon bar, right? (So why is it that SO FEW lemon bars actually have this?!)
2. Ooey, gooey lemony filling – not curdled or crunchy. This stuff literally oozes out with each bite you take. It’s a mess and it’s so worth it.
3. The powdered sugar topping – because extra sugar is not a bad thing … ever! This also makes a huge mess. Have you ever tried eating something without breathing? Because trying if you do accidentally breathe through your nose you spray the room with powdered sugar. It’s a magical, messy treat.
Ooey Gooey Lemon Bars Recipe
The Best Key Lime Bars Recipe in the World
- 1 c. butter room temperature
- 1/2 c. powdered sugar
- 2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 6-7 TB lemon juice
- 1 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Mix first four ingredients together (butter, powdered sugar, flour, salt) with a pastry cutter.
- Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Pat the flour mixture into the 9x13.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes (DO NOT let it get brown, keep it light!)
- Cool slightly (or don't! I've had great success pouring the lemon mixture right on top and throwing it back in the oven!)
- In a blender, blend remaining ingredients (eggs, lemon juice, sugar, and flour) until frothy. (30 seconds or longer).
- Pour over crust.
- Bake your lemon bars at 350 for 20 minutes (Convection should be 325 for 20 min)
- Remove from oven and top with powdered sugar. (bars MAY have large bumps in it - Totally normal!)
- If the middle is not baked all the way (aka - super jiggly) after the 20 minute baking time you may not have blended your egg mixture long enough.
- Try baking for a few extra minutes. Your lemon bars may still be delicious but not gorgeous.
- TRY AGAIN! Don't be afraid to give it another go! Sometimes - for no reason at all - these don't set up.