If you’re like me, you’re probably in need of a last minute Halloween treat for neighbors, family, teachers, or friends. Am I right? These witchy rice krispy treats are the PERFECT solution. A twist on a classic!
Obviously, rice krispy treats are a classic, but add some food coloring and your standard treat and you get witchy rice krispy treats.
When I asked my mom “how to make these” I felt a little silly….really? A grown woman (AND food blogger at that!) who doesn’t know how to make a decent batch of rice krispy treats? Embarrassing…. My thing is, these treats can’t be stale. They can’t be hard. They have to be soft, gooey, and pretty perfect or I won’t touch them. Snobby. YUP. Getting the mixture just right is a work of art.
- 4 C. marshamllow
- 1/4 C. butter
- 4-6 C. Rice Krispy cereal
- Green neon food coloring
- Purple neon food coloring
- Candy Corn
- Clear plastic gloves
- Cooking spray
- Melt marshmallows and butter in the microwave.
- Add food coloring to the melted marshmallow mixture.
- Slowly add your rice krispy cereal - DO NOT add too much. (You need these treats to be soft, but pliable, and not too hot.)
- Spray the inside of each glove with cooking spray
- Prep your clear plastic gloves by adding a candy corn to each little finger.
- Carefully, roll your cereal into small tubes
- Slide each tube into the finger and smash to fill the entire finger.
- Repeat with each of the remaining fingers.
- Add a large ball for the palm of the hand and smash to spread.
- Close shut with a festive ribbon.
- Voila! Witchy Rice Krispy treats!