*Product was provided by Cost Plus World Market. All opinions are 100% my own.*
These days, the world is OBSESSED with zombies. I don’t get it. But when I saw this cookie set, I about died. Plus, I couldn’t stop singing “Thriller.” So there.
So what’s it about? The Book of Life is an animated movie of a Romeo and Juliet-inspired love story set during a Day of the Dead celebration: Manolo (Diego) is a young matador who wants to shed the expectations of his family to follow his dreams of being a musician and his best friend, Joaquin (Channing), is the successful pride of the town. They compete for the heart of Maria (Zoe). In order to win Maria’s heart and save her life, Manolo must face his greatest fears and follow his heart to rewrite his destiny. Check out the movie trailer HERE!
Grand Prize Package includes:
5 Days/6Nights at Grand Velas Riviera Maya (hotel & accommodations)
Free Movies for a year
$1,000 World Market gift card
Book of Life Merchandise
Plus, three (3) first prizes: $500 World Market gift card. Sweepstakes ends October 24th, 2014.
You’ve GOT to enter. Go HERE HERE HERE and don’t walk…RUN!
- 1 box white cake
- 1 3.5 oz box lime jello
- 20 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 TB vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt
- Pastry Pride – Enough said!
- Bake the white cake as instructed on the box in 2 round 8 or 9 inch pans.
Remove from oven. Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
Remove from pans and cool completely on a cooling rack.
Place cakes back in pans. Using a fork, poke holes.
Prepare lime jell-o as the box recommends.
Pour jell-o over the two cakes and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Using a blender, blend all ingredients together.
Set water to boil.
Line springform pan in tin foil and wrap bottom half of pan in foil as well.
Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan.
Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform.
Bake until just set in center, about 45 minutes.
Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes.
Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely.
Remove outer ring of cheesecake pan, but leave metal bottom.
Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Whip the Pastry Pride until form is set
- <a href="http://www.worldmarket.com/product/monsters+university+gummy+eyeballs.do?&from=fn" target="_blank">Gummie Eyeballs</a>
- <a href="http://www.worldmarket.com/product/box-of-boogers-in-theater-box.do?&refType=&from=Search" target="_blank">Boogers</a>
- <a href="http://www.worldmarket.com/product/eyeball-sprinkles.do?from=Search&cx=0" target="_blank">Eyeball sprinkles</a>
- <a href="http://www.worldmarket.com/product/gummy+candy+corn.do?&from=fn" target="_blank">Gummie Candy Corns</a>
- <a href="http://www.worldmarket.com/product/zombie+dance+party+cookie+kit%2C+set+of+2.do?from=Search&cx=0" target="_blank">Zombie Cookies</a>
Place one layer of cake on cake stand.
Frost top with a generous layer of frosting.
Remove cheesecake from freezer, unwrap, and remove metal bottom of the pan, then peel off tin foil.
Place cheesecake layer on top of the cake.
Place top layer of cake on top of the cheesecake, and coat entire cake with a layer frosting.
Top with zombie cookies, boogers, eyeball sprinkles, candy corn gummies.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.