Butternut Squash soup – yes, I jumped on the bandwagon. I’ve always been a fan of this soup, but this recipe takes the cake. Handsome and I found this soup last year and I was surprised that it was so delicious. Now? It’s literally Handsome’s favorite. I repeat – Butternut Squash soup is his FAVORITE – over chili, over broccoli cheese, over chicken noodle. Guys. This is huge.
Why is this soup so fabulous? So many reasons. First, it’s SO easy. (haha – bless my heart, of course my butternut squash soup is easy – Handsome always makes it!) Second, it’s smooth and creamy and oh-so-delicious. Third, and most important, this soup has a slight KICK. Cayenne and black pepper give this butternut squash soup something extra.
Seriously, I could literally eat this butternut squash soup ALL. DAY. LONG. I can’t get it in my mouth fast enough. Curse it for being so delicious and rich and filling!
This recipe came from All Recipes and, again, is one of our favorites!
- 6 TB chopped onion
- 4 TB butter
- 6 c. butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 3 c. water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 16 oz cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Do not allow to boil.