Butternut Squash soup – yes, I jumped on the bandwagon. I’ve always been a fan of this soup, but this recipe takes the cake. Handsome and I found this soup last year and I was surprised that it was so delicious. Now? It’s literally Handsome’s favorite. I repeat – Butternut Squash soup is his FAVORITE – over chili, over broccoli cheese, over chicken noodle. Guys. This is huge.
Why is this soup so fabulous? So many reasons. First, it’s SO easy. (haha – bless my heart, of course my butternut squash soup is easy – Handsome always makes it!) Second, it’s smooth and creamy and oh-so-delicious. Third, and most important, this soup has a slight KICK. Cayenne and black pepper give this butternut squash soup something extra.
Seriously, I could literally eat this butternut squash soup ALL. DAY. LONG. I can’t get it in my mouth fast enough. Curse it for being so delicious and rich and filling!
This recipe came from All Recipes and, again, is one of our favorites!
Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 TB chopped onion
- 4 TB butter
- 6 c. butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 3 c. water
- 4 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 16 oz cream cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in margarine until tender.
- Add squash, water, bouillon, marjoram, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Bring to boil; cook 20 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Puree squash and cream cheese in a blender or food processor in batches until smooth.
- Return to saucepan, and heat through.
- Do not allow to boil.
If you’re not feeling up to a creamy Butternut squash soup, then I HIGHLY recommend making my Loaded Potato Soup. It’s DIVINE.