This shop and Chipotle Pasta Al Pastor has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BarillaFusion #CollectiveBias
The hubby and I recently went to Cabo for our TEN YEAR anniversary. I was excited for the beach and sleeping in – the food didn’t even occur to me. DUH, right? Fresh tacos 24/7? OH YESSSSS. Real, legit, authentic food from Cabo …. I could die happy. Most importantly, I FINALLY discovered my favorite type of meat for any kind of taco: AL PASTOR.
No lies, when we came home from Cabo, I was having Al Pastor taco withdrawals. I can’t make this stuff up. Luckily I have a local place that I can buy Al Pastor meat already marinated and ready to grill. So easy and so good.
Then the thought came to me …. why not combine two of my favorite things: Pasta and Al Pastor? I mean, a Chipotle Pasta Al Pastor?
The world might implode. TOO. MUCH. DELICIOUS.
Can I also just say how much I love buying Alfredo sauce? Yes, I have my own recipe for Alfredo , but something about buying it is kind of like a treat. It reminds me of quick and easy dinners when I was a kid. This Barilla Alfredo sauce is TOP NOTCH. (AND I might have a sweet coupon for you here! While you’re there be sure to head to the enter the Barilla contest for a chance to win thousands of prizes!!)
You get magic.
Also known as the creamiest Chipotle sauce. IN THE WORLD. Yum!
A twist on a classic Mexican dish - Al Pastor meets its Italian equal
- 1 pkg Barilla Spaghetti
- 1 bottle Barilla Creamy Alfredo
- 1-2 TB Chipotle Peppers finely chopped
- 1/2 to 1 lb Al Pastor meat I found mine at the Mexican market
- Cilantro *optional
- Grill Al Pastor Meat on high until it has a slight char.
- Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook Pasta until Al Dente.
- Finely chop 1-2 TB of Chipotle Peppers until it makes a paste.
- Combine Chipotle pepper paste with entire contents of Barilla Creamy Alfredo.
- Stir well.
- Plate your desired amount of pasta and toss in a small amount of sauce.
- Top with Al Pastor meat and cilantro.
- Add additional sauce if desired.
Don’t forget to go to Barilla and enter their amazing contest! There are thousands of prizes available – at the very least, go grab that sweet coupon! Everyone wins!!