A family favorite recipe? This copycat Olive Garden Alfredo sauce. My sister found it a few years ago and I BEGGED her for it. We LOVE it. If we could have it every night and not gain any weight? We would.
I’m some-what of an Alfredo connoisseur, and this stuff is beyond amazing. Like, I could drink it – it’s THAT good.
“Nothing you buy is ever going to be as good as something you make – why do you have to compare? Why can’t you just EAT it?!”
Because if it’s not hands down the best tasting thing on the planet, I don’t have time to waste on mediocre food.
- 1/2 c. butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 c. Parmesan cheese
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- In a saucepan, melt butter and cream cheese.
Add garlic powder, salt, and cheese (mixture will be lumpy - not smooth, but keep going!).
- Slowly pour in heavy whipping cream.
- Continue to stir until mixture is heated through.
- Sauce will be thin (this is normal!)
- Sauce will thicken once it's cooled and on your noodles.
*You CAN keep on low and stir occasionally to help sauce thicken - but watch it, it can burn!