*This post containing the my easy key lime pie recipe may contain affiliate links to support my donut-eating habits!*
Top Utah lifestyle blog, Among the Young, features an easy key lime pie recipe – the hardest part will be waiting for it to cool so you can eat it!
This key lime pie recipe takes the CAKE … or should I say pie? Either way … it’s delicious and easy, both of which are music to my ears!
The Easiest Pie
If you know anything about me, you’ll know I ADORE pie. I’ve been known to choose pie for my birthday cake instead of cake. In my opinion, it’s that good.
However, I’ve always been so focused on other pies, like my chocolate mousse pie, my raspberry cream pie, my Kneaders copycat Raspberry pie or Ashlee Marie’s sour cream lemon pie that I never gave Key lime pie a real shot.
Shame on me, because Key Lime pie a right up my alley. This pie is smooth, creamy, light, and lovely. The tartness of the key-limes is pure bliss.
Wanna hear an embarrassing story? I SCOURED every grocery store close to me … I COULD NOT find Key Limes for the life of me. I finally gave up when I found Key Lime Juice … who knew that was even a thing?! Well it is and it’s lovely. Plus, it’s waaaaay easier than finding ACTUAL Key Limes! Bless my heart!
Back to this key lime pie though … I wish I had the ability to move through the computer to give you a taste of how amazing it is. So tart and lime-y! Plus, the crunch of the graham cracker crust is divine. Someday that kind of technology will be available and whoever invents it can just take all my money.
I digress. (It’s one of my many random talents!)
I’m adding this delish Key Lime pie recipe to my list of favorite pies – which is a huge compliment in and of itself!
Key Lime Pie recipe
Are you ready for the recipe?
Easy Key Lime Pie
- 1 1/2 C. Graham Cracker crumbs
- 1/4 C. Brown sugar
- 6 TB butter melted
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk (14 oz each)
- 1 1/4 C. Key Lime Juice
- Whipped cream (for garnish)
- Limes (garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Add melted butter and form a crust in a 10 inch metal pie tin.
- Bake for 10 min; let cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice, and another pinch of salt until smooth.
- Pour filling into cooled crust; put in the oven.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 and bake 20-25 minutes or until the edges are set and slightly jiggly in the center.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Refrigerate until firm; at least 6 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and fresh limes.
So tell me – does this pie recipe sound amazing? I’d love to know – what is your favorite kind of pie??