*This post contains affiliate links to support my donut eating habit*
These peppermint brownies defy all odds of delicious-ness and peppermint.
I have a love / hate relationship with the mint flavor. One minute I can’t get it into my mouth fast enough, the next minute the flavor is too toothpaste-y and I want nothing to do with it.
I’ve always LOVED mint hot chocolate – something about the cool mint with the juxtaposition of hot cocoa is so delicious to me. But with food, I go on and off. One minute a mint brownie is my most favorite treat, the next it’s just MEH. No thanks.
- 3/4 c. cocoa regular or dark - both are divine!
- 1/2 tsp soda
- 2/3 c. butter melt and divide
- 1/2 c. water boiling
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 17 York Peppermint Patties chopped
- Stir together cocoa and soda in mixer.
- Add 1/3 c. melted butter.
- Add boiling water.
- Stir until mixture thickens
- Add sugars, eggs, and remaining 1/3 c. butter.
- Stir until smooth
- Add flour and salt.
- Fold in York Peppermint Patties.
- Spread in a greased 9x13 pan
- Bake 350 for 35-40 min or until brownies begin to pull away from the side
- Cool completely
- Cut and serve.