Combine a peppermint truffle with a chocolate cake and you get: Peppermint truffle cupcakes. These peppermint truffle cupcakes are sure to dazzle at your next event – I mean, a peppermint truffle, moist chocolate cake, and peppermint buttercream – how could you go wrong?
Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes
I’m literally in love with this peppermint truffle cupcake. I love all things peppermint – and these Christmas flavored cupcakes are no exception.
I found these peppermint truffles a few years ago and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
Easy Peppermint Cupcakes
The cake is tried and true – literally my favorite recipe. I use it for everything!
Christmas flavored cupcakes
I wish I could describe these Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes to you… someday I’ll create a way to transport food through computers and phones. I will be a gazillionaire – it’s true. The truffle is smooth with a little crunch of peppermint, the cake is moist and chocolatey, and the Peppermint buttercream is OH-SO-GOOD!
These Peppermint Truffle Cupcakes are divine: Moist Chocolate cake, Peppermint Buttercream Frosting, and a Peppermint Truffle inside!
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1 5.9oz box chocolate pudding
- 1 Cup sour cream (I use Greek yogurt)
- 1 Cup oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 Cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Dilettante Chocolate truffles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients with a mixer.
- This batter will be quite thick-much thicker than typical cake batter.
- Pour into two 9″ cake pans and bake.
- Bake for the prescribed amount of time on the box.
- Once out of the oven, place a Dilettante truffle in the middle.
- Frost with your favorite buttercream recipe.
- *Optional*: swirl some red food coloring through your buttercream to get the peppermint look.
Thanks again to Amber for her AMAZING cake recipe!