I love peppermint and I love cheesecake – so a peppermint cheesecake cake was an obvious choice! I used a white cake for my peppermint cheesecake cake, but you could use a chocolate cake and be in good shape! This peppermint cheesecake cake is sure to be the hit at your next event!
I love peppermint and I love cheesecake, so a peppermint cheesecake cake simply makes sense.
Peppermint Cheesecake Cake
Somehow people still ate it and told me it was delicious. What wonderful, beautiful liars.
Peppermint Bark Cheesecake Recipe
- White cake recipe or a boxed white cake
- 20 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 TB vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 - 1/2 c. crushed peppermint
- Pastry Pride
- 1 - 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Crushed peppermint
- Peppermint Joe-Joe's for decoration
- Cook box mix according to instructions on the box
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Set water to boil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream. Fold in crushed peppermint.
- Cut parchment paper in a circle and line the bottom of the cheesecake pan.
- Wrap bottom half of pan in foil – Do this TIGHT – no one wants water in their cheesecake!
- Pour in filling; place in a roasting pan.
- Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform.
- Bake until just set in center, about 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely.
- Remove outer ring of cheesecake pan, but leave metal bottom.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Place one layer of cake on cake stand.
- Frost top with a thin layer of frosting.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer, unwrap, and remove metal bottom of the pan, then peel off parchment paper.
- Place cheesecake layer on top of the cake.
- Place top layer of cake on top of the cheesecake, and coat entire cake with a layer frosting.
- Top with crushed peppermint or any decoration of your choosing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.