Pantone’s color of the year is Radiant Orchid, so what better way to celebrate APRIL and SPRING than a Radiant Orchid blog hop??
Radiant Orchid Blog hop - Coconut Cheesecake Cake
- 2 boxes white cake mix
- 2 c. flour
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 egg whites
- 2 2/3 c. coconut milk
- 4 TB vegetable oil
- 2 c. greek yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1-2 c. shredded coconut
- 20 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 TB vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1 - 2 TB coconut extract
- Pastry Pride
- red food coloring
- blue food coloring to make radiant orchid
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a very large bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and beat on a low speed for 2 minutes.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Set water to boil.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese on medium until fluffy, scraping down side of bowl.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until fluffy.
- Beat in vanilla extract and salt.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time, scraping down side of bowl after each addition.
- Beat in sour cream.
- Cut parchment paper in a circle and line the bottom of the cheesecake pan.
- Wrap bottom half of pan in foil – Do this TIGHT – no one wants water in their cheesecake!
- Pour in filling.
- Place in a roasting pan.
- Pour in boiling water to come halfway up side of springform.
- Bake until just set in center, about 45 minutes.
- Remove pan from water; let cool 20 minutes.
- Run a paring knife around edge; let cool completely.
- Remove outer ring of cheesecake pan, but leave metal bottom.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze.
- Whip pastry pride.
- Add blue and red food coloring until desired color is achieved.
- Place one layer of cake on cake stand.
- Frost top with a thin layer of frosting.
- Remove cheesecake from freezer, unwrap, and remove metal bottom of the pan, then peel off parchment paper.
- Place cheesecake layer on top of the cake.
- Place top layer of cake on top of the cheesecake, and coat entire cake with a layer frosting. Refrigerate until ready to serve.