Christmas means all things peppermint – and to me, that means Peppermint cupcakes! These peppermint cupcakes are dense and moist with the perfect hint of minty flavor. These Christmas Peppermint Cupcakes are so good, you won’t want to share!!
White cake and peppermint – apparently I’m a huge fan. These peppermint cupcakes (with a white cake) might actually be better than my other cupcakes (with a chocolate cake?). Is that even possible?
Candy cane cupcakes
Peppermint kisses? YUM. These peppermint kisses have the perfect texture. It made this one of my favorite candy cane cupcakes I’ve had to date.
Christmas flavored cupcakes
I couldn’t decide what to top these lovelies with – crushed peppermint candies or the Hershey’s kisses? Candy cane cupcakes must have candy canes on them, right? But peppermint cupcakes must have peppermint on them, right? Handsome convinced me: DO BOTH. I love that answer, and I loved these christmas flavored cupcakes. Sometimes he’s right.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-3 drops red food coloring
- Hershey's Peppermint Kisses
- Mix cake ingredients together.
- Pour about 1 1/4 c. cake batter into a different bowl and add red food coloring.
- Spoon 1 TB white batter, then 1 TB red batter, and top with 1 TB white batter.
- Take a knife and swirl an "S" in each cupcake.
- Bake and cool as directed on the box.
- Top with your favorite buttercream or cream cheese frosting.
- Add crushed peppermint and a Hershey's Peppermint Kiss for decoration.
In case you needed more peppermint desserts in your life!