Egg Nog Cookie bars are sure to be a hit. Why? Egg Nog, macadamia nuts, and more Egg Nog. How could these Egg Nog Cookie bars go wrong? They are the perfect addition to your next holiday Christmas party! (Recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens.)
Friday and our final day of my egg nog week and I’ve saved the best for last – Egg Nog cookie bars!
Egg Nog Cookie Bars:
These egg nog cookie bars are loaded with macadamia nuts and egg nog flavor. They are a delight. Trust me.
- 2 c. sugar
- 2/3 c. butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1 tsp powder
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 c. chopped macadamia nuts
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 4-6 TB Southern Comfort egg nog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil, grease foil, set pan aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook and stir sugar and butter over medium heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Cool slightly.
- Stir eggs and vanilla into sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until edges just begin to pull way from the sides of the pan.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Use foil to remove uncut bars from pan; place on cutting board.
- Cut into diamonds.
- Drizzle with Eggnog Drizzle.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, vanilla, and eggnog.
- Stir in additional eggnog, 1 teaspoon at a time, until icing reaches drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle icing over bars.
If you haven’t had enough egg nog from me this week, I’ve got some seriously talented blogging friends that can help you out!
I absolutely ADORE Egg Nog Cookies and Bars, so these are SUCH a treat.