This eggnog tiramisu is a twist on a classic: Instead of drenching your ladyfingers in coffee, use Eggnog! It’s super delicious! (We love Southern Comfort for our Eggnog tiramisu.) Even though there’s NO coffee, this Eggnog tiramisu is a total winner.
Yes, that’s right. Egg Nog tiramisu. Instead of drenching the ladyfingers in coffee, you dip them in egg nog. Thus, Eggnog Tiramisu! WHAT THE YUM?
Our favorite Eggnog is Southern Comfort, but it can be tricky to find. (Walmart carries a HUGE carton of it HERE!!) Use whatever Eggnog you like best – be it soy, coconut milk, Meadow Gold, or Southern Comfort!
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 C. sugar
- 2/3 c milk
- 1 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1 C. Egg nog
- 2 3 oz packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 TB nutmeg powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium.
- Stir constantly until boiling.
- Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Cover tightly and chill for 1 hour.
- In a different bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Pull custard out of fridge and whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Put egg nog in a small bowl.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the egg nog until soaked (Do your best - the egg nog is thick and takes awhile to absorb!)
- Arrange half of the lady fingers on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture next, then half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.