Peppermint angel food cake – pretty straight forward and super delicious.
You might look at my recipe below and think, “Kaylynn, are you kidding me?” I mean, it’s an angel food cake with peppermint whipped cream. Not a whole lot to it, but this recipe has some sentimental value to it. I worked with a very dear friend at Hillcrest – she made it a few years ago and I fell in LOVE with it. Mostly, I loved that it wasn’t super difficult. And again, I love peppermint.
- 1 large angel food cake
- 2 c. whipped cream
- 2 drops of red food coloring
- 2 peppermint sticks
- 10 small candy canes (for decoration)
- Prepare cake according to box mix instructions
- Whip cream until stiff.
- Add sugar to sweeten.
- Stir in crushed peppermint sticks and food coloring.
- Slice cakes into three layers.
- Spread flavored whipped cream in between each layer and on top and sides of cake.
- Garnish individual servings with a small candy cane.