Yes, that’s right. Egg Nog tiramisu. Instead of drenching the ladyfingers in coffee, you dip them in egg nog. WHAT THE YUM?
Egg Nog Tiramisu
Recipe type: Dessert
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ C. sugar
- ⅔ c milk
- 1¼ c. heavy cream
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese
- 1 C. Egg nog
- 2 (3 oz) packages ladyfinger cookies
- 1 TB nutmeg powder
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar until well blended.
- Whisk in milk and cook over medium.
- Stir constantly until boiling.
- Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Cover tightly and chill for 1 hour.
- In a different bowl, beat cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- Pull custard out of fridge and whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
- Put egg nog in a small bowl.
- Dip each ladyfinger into the egg nog until soaked (Do your best - the egg nog is thick and takes awhile to absorb!)
- Arrange half of the lady fingers on the bottom of a 9×13 pan.
- Spread half of the mascarpone mixture next, then half of the whipped cream.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.